product to get their money back. It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter.
How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavorings.
DO YOU KNOW...
The difference between margarine and butter? Read on to the end...gets very
- Both have the same amount of calories.
- Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 grams.
- Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating th same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.
- Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.
- Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few only because they are added!
- Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavours of other foods.
- Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years.
- Very high in trans fatty acids.
- Triple risk of coronary heart disease.
- Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers
- HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol)
- Increases the risk of cancers up to five fold.
- Lowers quality of breast milk.
- Decreases immune response.
- Decreases insulin response.
HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!
- Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC..
- You can try this yourself: Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things:
(that should tell you something)
* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value;
nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny micro-organisms will not a
find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic.
Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?